“Serious health issues have recently arisen in our family, and under the circumstances, I have decided to discontinue my campaign. My children and their futures were the motivation for our campaign and their health and well-being will always be my overriding priority.
Phil and I want to thank the thousands of people in Wyoming and all across the country who have supported my campaign. As a mother and a patriot, I know that the work of defending freedom and protecting liberty must continue for each generation. Though this campaign stops today, my commitment to keep fighting with you and your families for the fundamental values that have made this nation and Wyoming great will never stop.”
Previously in the recent history of Liz Cheney's troubled Senatorial bid:
- Liz Cheney: 'I Am Not Pro-Gay Marriage'
- Heather Poe & Mary Cheney Fire Back at Liz Cheney Over Marriage Remarks
- Mary Cheney: "I’m not supporting Liz’s candidacy"
- Liz Cheney Campaign Ad Tries to Convince People She Really Is From Wyoming
- Dick Cheney Chooses Sides in LGBT Dispute Between His Daughters